Monday 22 August 2016

Recent Primark Purchases

Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today's post is about a recent visit to Primark.


The intentions of this trip were to do some holiday/summer shopping, however, I ended up getting general, everyday clothing for typical British weather.
I love Primark. As a bargain lover and cheapskate, I appreciate a shop that provides low budget clothing.



Blue striped shirt and dark, navy jeans

Firstly, I shall mention the shirt. The fabric is really nice and soft, so I'm looking forward to wearing this. I would team it with some dark navy jeans like the ones in the pictures above, or some black trousers for a smarter look. I like that the collar isn't too structured as I feel it gives the shirt a softer appearance. The roll up sleeve option also makes this shirt very wearable for both smart and casual occasions. I love this style of clothing, where the block white colour makes the cuffs really stand out. Secondly are the jeans. I really like Primark jeans as they always fit me well. I opt for the skinny fit style, but they do loads of others. I have now got a few pairs of jeans, many of which are in this high-waisted style. I think the two items in the picture complement each other and the high-waist jeans would create a nice silhouette with the shirt tucked in. 





Dark pink pinafore

Next I bought a pinafore (£10), my second from Primark. I like pinafores because I think they're really versatile, add a quirky edge to a normal dress style and I find them super comfy, which is high priority for my clothing choices. The material is suedette I believe, which makes this item also nice and soft. It's a great fit for me and is paired nicely with either a block colour top underneath or, my other go-to is my stripey knit, cropped, short sleeved top, also from Primark. I think an Autumn inspired outfit would look great with this- think white knitted bobble hat, brown boots and big scarf.



Grey NYPD t-shirt

My final item of clothing I'm going to show, is this NYPD top. A classic slogan t-shirt makes it easily pair-able with some high-waisted jeans or a high waisted skirt....As you can tell, I do like my high waisted clothing. Again, this is made out of a lovely, soft material and fits really nicely. It's not super tight or clingy, but allows for the shape of your body to be seen, if that makes any sense. It was only £6 so I thought it would be a worthy investment and addition to my wardrobe. 

I bought some other bits and pieces, including; a new make-up bag in a nautical theme, some blue slip-on pumps, a 4 pack of ordinary black socks and a foldable, reusable shopping bag for a great price of £1. Hopefully, I will be able to grab some last minute holiday bits, although to be honest, I think I need a whole wardrobe revamp!  



I hope you enjoyed this post, comment down below your favourite item or anywhere you'd recommend for me to go and shop for some wardrobe inspiration. 


                             
                             





Instagram


No comments :

Post a Comment