Tuesday 22 September 2015

The British Tag!

I was just watching a few YouTube videos when I found this tag. I liked the sound it that much and decided that it'd make an interesting blog post. I thought the tag would be fun for me to write and it's something different, so here you go....




1. How many cups of tea a day do you have & how many sugars?
Ok, so anyone who knows me really well or someone that has been to my house will know that I am a tea ADDICT. I'm runner up to my Grandad who drinks tea like there is no tomorrow, which explains where I could have got my love for it from. I recently stopped at my Grandparents house and I lost count of how many cups I had. The bad thing about tea is that it really does stain your teeth so I have little detox weeks/days where I'll drink plain hot water, hot water and a slice of lemon or lime or a peppermint tea. All of the other options are a lot healthier for you as well but I do love a good cuppa. To answer the question simply, I have about 5 a day and no sugar, I'm sweet enough ;)

2. Favourite part of your roast?
My favourite has to be a Yorkshire pudding. I remember when I was younger, if my Mum had made too many Yorkshires, we'd have them for pudding with jam in (sort of like a bowl shaped pancake). I also really like roast potatoes but in all honesty, I love almost every part of a roast dinner.

3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
My favourite biscuit...This is a tricky one and I'm sure not all of my answers are British, but I love a Jammie Dodger, Bourbons and Shortbread




4. Favourite 'British' past time?
I sometimes enjoy walks, not all the time, but I do think of these as a nice thing to do. My parents love walking and we do regular walks around Derbyshire and at local nature reserves. It creates good memories, makes you feel better and is good exercise! I don't always enjoy these walks because my parents will walk from early morning until the evening and you will end up just wanting to lie down, but the feeling once you've sat down from one of their killers is amazing and food always seems to taste better when you've 'earn't it'. I will walk come rain or shine, just get your coat on, put on your wellies and off you go. I also like watching British drama's or soaps (especially with a cup of tea).



5. Favourite 'British' word/phrase?
Flipping 'eck

6. Cockney rhyme or slang that you know?
Recently, I was winding up my Nanna by telling my Grandad that she'd locked him out of his car when she hadn't. The phrase she came up with was a 'tea leaf' which means thief. She was really trying to call me a liar, but I understood what she meant and it made me laugh.

7. Favourite Sweets?
Haribo Tangfastics, Vimto rolls, lots of things

8. What would your pub be called?
I think I would call a pub something traditional like 'The Old Gent', or something different like 'The Lemon Tree', but it'd all depend on what my pub looked like and where it would be built.

9. No.1 British person?
Too many to say, but probably an actor or actress; we have some brilliant ones.

10. Favourite shop or restaurant?
I don't really have a favourite shop, but I enjoy going out to eat with my family. However to me, none of the restaurants are really 'British' bar some of the pubs we go to and of course, some good old fish and chips. I went to George's Fish and Chip Kitchen for my birthday and I love it there so go try it out!


11. British song that pops into your head?
Three Lions football song

12. Marmite?
I like it in small doses and marmite crisp!


Thank you for reading my blog! Sorry if the post seems quite long but I really enjoyed doing this tag and I'd love to hear any of your answers so go ahead and write in the comments section below




Instagram


No comments :

Post a Comment