Tuesday 8 September 2015

Stationery/Back to Uni

So although the schools have gone back, a lot of universities haven't so I thought I'd make a little post about some of the stationery items I bought and just a little tip to go with each of them.




1. A plastic wallet


So really, this depends on your workload and how much you're writing. I bought myself a small floral wallet last year from Tesco, for just under a pound I believe. This was before I'd gone to University and didn't realise that just one wallet would not arrange my sheets well enough. However, that one wallet was useful for the sheets/handouts or 'homework pieces' that I was given, so I then started to use it for that (a homework wallet). However if you wanted a wallet for each of your different modules, Wilkinsons had a good deal on a 4 pack of wallets so maybe that's where you'll want to go.




2. Expandable folder


Depending on your course, you might get a lot of work that you need to always have with you. You might want to break down the terms in your modules and be super organised, so I thought I'd add an expandable folder to my list. These folders are usually A4 and are plastic, but you can get paper ones if you wish (these can be quite flimsy). The folder shuts at the front and in this form looks like a thick folder, however when you open this up, there are different slots for you to put papers in so they're a really good idea for a course that has a lot of writing and papers involved.


I've had this folder for years but still does the job! 


3. Display Folder


So recently I got myself one of these after spending quite a long time mulling over the idea of getting one. But I thought it'd be handy for me to see my work as there are sewn in folders. I also thought that it was quite compact and will hopefully be useful. I might make my own separators for each subject as well and just slide them into a pocket.





4. Notepads


So these are pretty essential. If you need to write your lectures, take notes or anything where you'll be writing, you'll need a notepad! I just use a regular A4 one at the minute, with a plastic case for durability and an elastic security band which keeps everything nice and together. I love these because I also used to keep sheets in it and use it as a folder and well as for my writing. HOWEVER!! You might find that buying smaller notepads for each subject is more suitable to you and how you like to organise things. My plan is that I'll write my lecture in my A4 pad, tear out the sheet and put it in my display folder, but if you'd prefer just to have each subject in a different book, go for it!




5. Pens/highlighters/small stationery items


So these are pretty straight forward, you've been using them since school but as you get older, you start to 'forget' your pens or you just take one 'trusty pen'.....Guys, that's really not enough. Buy a pack of three pens, I bought mine for £1 and take all three. Pens run out, pens get lost and everyone knows that one person who asks for a pen before every lecture! Highlighters are quite useful also, especially when it comes to revision time. On my course, the lecturers suggest printing out lecture slides (from the PowerPoint presentations) so going through and highlighting important parts will be really helpful when you go to reflect on what you've learnt.




6. Journal/Planner/Diary


This is just an optional addition but I think these are brilliant. I've featured my journal quite a few times but I'll mention it again because I love it and it's the one that I use the most. It's helpful to write down the weeks plan, to write to do lists and to write down any homework or tasks that you've been set and the date they're in for. You can also find ready made weekly planners and other organisers so it's worth thinking about.




So that's it! They're all my University stationery items. If you think there are more don't hesitate to comment, you can also like this post and follow me on Instagram and Twitter! 
Hope you enjoyed it 
x



Instagram


No comments :

Post a Comment