Thursday 27 August 2015

Tips to relax and de-stress

Today I thought I'd create a post with some tips that help me to relax and unwind. Whether you've had a hard day in education, work, family life or may just have had a bad day I hope this gives you some calming inspiration!

Instead of my usual list style, I thought I'd make this blog a bit more chatty since there are so many options and things that might help calm nerves and inspire positivity.

I am very much a home girl and find having a good home life and a comfortable home can help to settle my nerves. If I'm having a bad day at uni or something has upset me, I love nothing more than walking through my front door and taking a deep breath. However I don't think staying in your home all the time is a good thing so make sure you get a healthy balance of both. If you're struggling at home, go to a friends house or find a hobby to keep your mind off things.


If you feel like you can't sleep and just want to shut off your brain, the next few tips are for you. I often over think things or find myself awake at night with my brain still wizzing so my top tip to get a calm mind is to stop. Stop, take a deep breath and then think, what would you benefit from doing. If you're having trouble whilst trying to sleep, don't force yourself to sleep, instead try writing. I enjoy writing lists and weekly plans as it makes me feel a lot calmer, a lot more organised and less worried because I can step back and see what needs to be done; I also get satisfaction from ticking off my to-do lists. Already do this? Why not do some meditation or listen to some music, concentrate on the lyrics of songs, calming songs or songs you enjoy and not ones that make you feel sad!



If I'm feeling stressed in the daytime, I love to relax, put my feet up and have a nice hot drink. If you don't like hot drinks then some flavoured water is usually my go-to cold drink. If you really are having an awful day, and you don't like hot drinks, then you can be excused a nice sweet drink of soda/pop, just to give you some more energy so that you can think positively. On the other hand, if you do like hot drinks, try out this peppermint tea. I find it relaxing, cleansing, tastes fresh and gives you a nice warm feeling.....(durr Charlotte, it's a hot drink). This one that I have is cheap, tastes the same as any other brand and does the trick...Ahhhhhh





Get those slippers on, grab some magazines or a book, sit back, relax and think....the future is bright!




Everyone is different so if you have any more tips or some feedback, feel free to write it in the comments section below! 
Hope you've enjoyed!
Instagram


2 comments :

  1. Cute post Charlotte! so glad you've joined the little blogging community :) we should meet up, and talk blogs. haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Sam! And thanks for commenting- first comment winner woo :p xxx

    ReplyDelete