Tuesday 4 August 2015

Holiday Essentials

Hello! I'm back with another blog post! Hopefully it's not too late for me to do this post and that people still have holidays to go on! If not, I'm sure there will be a few of you going for a long weekend or something of that nature so......Here's my 'Holiday Essentials' blog post!


I've chosen a few of the things I took with me on my last holiday. Many of these things have been featured in previous blogs so if you'd like further information about them then go check them out! The items I will feature are also more on the cosmetic/hand luggage side of things so if that's what you enjoy reading about then here you go!


Number One

Hand Sanitiser....
So you might be thinking, 'this girl is a clean freak', or you might be thinking 'yes! Someone else that likes to feel clean'. I bought this in a pharmacy in Cornwall, however they are sold in so many places. The Bodyshop has its own collection of fragranced hand sanitisers in fruity scents and I also saw Soap and Glory had brought one out, so I think the demand for these is on the rise! They're super handy for if you're going on a flight and need to freshen your hands before eating or after touching hand rails and I also found that these are handy in public situations e.g. public toilets if the soap has ran out because you wont be caught short and can always stay nice and hygienic! This one was £1 so they can be quite cheap, but prices can vary. I got this in the bubblegum scent so.....YUM!

Number Two

Glasses! A must have to prevent frowning which creates the weirdest tan lines. I got these ones from Primark (I love Primark if you haven't noticed). They were around £1.50/£2 and came with their very own material case which has been really handy because it isn't bulky and prevents scratches! I just love the tigers eye print on these

Number Three

Make-up wipes.
Now...the beauty guru's of this world will tell you how bad these face wipes are for your skin, that they don't properly cleanse etc... But it's a bit difficult trying to take cleansers and shampoos etc in hand luggage because of the airline/airport security rules, and rightly so. Therefore I don't really see a problem in using these for the duration of your travels. If you still would like to take liquid cleansers then go ahead, but I still find these really useful for freshening up for example, if it gets hot it's ideal to just wipe these over my neck to freshen up! I picked up the boots brand cleansing wipes and I think these ones actually get my make-up off. Inexpensive, super quick and won't take up too much room in your bag!

Number Four

Make-up! These are my staples that I use a lot of the time and they don't take up much room at all. I use the number 17 metallic eye pencil in gold as a base and then use my Rimmel natural bronzer as an eye shadow by building up the colour which makes it into more of a natural brown which looks really nice with the gold accent. I then use my blusher brush to apply my bronzer over my face giving me a healthy glow- one product, two uses!  I use the concealer under my eyes as I have dark circles and I think this just makes me look awake, hence the name 'wake me up'. This is by Rimmel and is in the shake classic beige. The lipstick is Miss Sporty 210 in Pearl Nude. I have featured this in a previous blog but it's just a peachy nude colour if you wanted to add a bit more elegance to an outfit in the evening times and smells like melon!

Number Five 

Smellies! 
I thought I'd speak briefly about these because it's pretty self explanatory but I enjoy taking a body spray and a deodorant on holiday and this body spray doubles up as a nice scent for the evening. The deodorant is a miniature, which makes it super handy and works just the same as any other deodorant-I really like it. 


Number Six

Hair bits and bobs if you need them!
Just a small assortment of bobbles (a few because they have a mind of their own), hair grips
 (also have a mind of their own), scrunchies to jazz things up a bit and maybe a headband, nothing major but in the heat, tying your hair up is very helpful.

Number Seven

Magazines
I'm not saying take this many. I just thought I'd show you some of my collection....looks like I hoard magazines haha! I like Glamour because it's cheap but even despite the price, is one of my favourites. My other favourite is Cosmopolitan which is a bit more money but if you're not a book person like me, magazines are easy to pick up whenever, and put down when you want. Easy to roll up and are pretty flat already.

Number Eight

And finally nail polish
This is the LP nail polish in an orange-y colour, great for tans! The gel finish makes the nails really shiney and it doesn't chip. A matching mani/pedi looks really great on holiday and saves you having to take more than one colour



And that's everything! A bit longer than usual because obviously you need to take more than two things if you're going away! These are only recommendations and aren't everything you might take. If going somewhere hot, remember that suncream, have a great holiday if you're going on one and I hope you enjoy this read


Instagram


3 comments :