Sunday 7 June 2015

Shopping Haul and Bikini Problems

Things needed on my shopping list; a bikini. Did I find one? NO! Now...I've started to get a bit frustrated. Girls with larger chests do have their issues, same as women with a smaller chest, so why do high street clothing brands not sell bikinis to suit every shape and size?! I am grateful for my assets, that's not what I'm saying, but I am one of those ladies with a brick body shape so finding bikinis which fit is difficult.






Trying to find a nice, feminine bikini today was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Bra styled bikini's don't sit well on me, so I'd end up flashing the whole beach! Halter neck/boob tube bikinis are no good either! I need a bikini suited for me and my body shape, but one that won't cost the Earth! Therefore the search continues.


However my day has been a successful shopping trip. Here is a list of my purchases;




1) Yes. I know, it's Boots own brand. Am I cheap? Yes. But I figured I'd be practical on my student budget and not splurge as I'm no beauty guru. I saw these on the 3 for 2 offer at £1.50 each. Therefore, I only spent £3 and I'm sure I can still feel pampered and have soft skin with Boots own brand products. One of the things here, the eye gel, has been something I've been searching for, for months. I've seen a few eye roll-ons, eye refreshers etc, but none at a price I was comfortable with. I'm really hoping that this does something for my eyes but I'm not expecting much from an own brand, cheap eye gel. Although, the gel is cold so I'm predicting that it'll at least make me feel awake if anything.

I have had a Boots own moisturiser which made my face very soft. This cleanser will hopefully do the same job, whilst helping to take off my make-up and remove some impurities from my skin. The toner might minimise my pores, but like I said, no harm in trying them out for that price!






2) Now, I know what you're thinking...That I'm just putting various basic products on a blog? They might be basic, but I figured they're staples! This Impluse body spray smells SO nice. It's as though you have your favourite expensive perfume in a body spray, so you won't feel as guilty using it. The fragrance contains 'Freesia and Tangerine'. It doesn't smell too fruity, nor too floral as the two components suggest and I can simply only describe it as 'perfume smelling' so go and try it for yourself. If it's not the fragrance for you then there are various other ones to suit your taste. I think this is a winner at only 98p...BARGAIN.






3) Miss Sporty- Pearl Nude 210 lipstick. I have wanted a lipstick/lip colour that I can wear everyday for ages. I don't have the confidence to wear daring lip colours and I don't have the patience to re-apply or for it not to have smudged across my face. I found this lipstick for £2.59 and it was the cheapest I could find. I'm testing things out, so I don't want to be paying over £5 for a lipstick that I might not like. The shade is a pinky/nude very close to my own lip colour but this lipstick just adds a bit of a peach pigment. As well as making me feel good, the lipstick is very creamy and it feels nourishing, almost like a balm. Another plus for some is that it smells like melon, but unfortunately I do not like melon- sorry!





Last but not least is my Rimmel nail polish in the Rita Ora collection, colour 270 'sweet retreat'. This was another bargain at £1.99 and I can't wait to wear it- hopefully with a nice summer tan! It is a baby pink pastel colour which for me (someone trying to grow their nails) is a good colour to be able to handle. Any little mistakes/chips are less easy to notice, so I won't be tempted to pick it off. However, with my past experience of this brand and product, the colour has stayed on amazingly and hasn't chipped for over a week (with good care and some top coat).




Stay Tuned 
xox




                                      











Instagram


No comments :

Post a Comment