Monday 24 October 2016

Pamper Night


Hello and welcome to my blog!

This post is about my pamper night that I recently had. The weather has turned chilly, the dark nights and dark mornings are setting in and I was just feeling a bit deflated and in need of some pamper time.

I had been working all day on my university work and I was down in the dumps thinking of what I could do. The items I list now, are my top pamper night necessities, which will hopefully inspire you to take a break, have a few minutes to yourself and relax.

Firstly I ran myself a bath. I don't usually have baths and I prefer the thought of germs/dead skin (all that kind of thing) to drain off me and go straight down the plug hole. As you can tell, I'm very much a shower kind of person. However, when I'm feeling stressed, a good soak in the bath can often help alleviate stress. For me, a bath helps me to focus on what matters, or at least allows me to clear my head. I used a lush bath bomb called Golden Wonder. If you are wanting to check out some of their bath products, they have some great seasonal ranges out for Halloween and Christmas. I got two uses out of this because I broke it in half. You could also just have one use or plenty of uses depending on what suits you. The inside is an amazing blue colour that turns your bath water, yes you guessed it, blue. It has orange and lime scents which make it nice and fresh.









Secondly I lit a candle. This is a Yankee candle in my favourite ever scent lavender. I love lavender in general so this was a no-brainer for me. It fills the room with the calming scent and also works well to add some ambient lighting.





Once out of the bath I moisturised using the Body Shop's strawberry body butter. Then, I got all cosy in my; M&S dressing gown and my Primark pyjamas. My pj's are in a Christmas theme but I don't really care. I love Christmas and they're super soft, comfy and very affordable so go check those out if you are curious.





This was my short and quick pamper night to relieve some of the day's worries. It's not rocket science and I am aware that this is not an original idea, but sometimes you need a little inspiration and encouragement to give yourself ten minutes of you time. 

If you want to look at the lush bath bomb, the link is here!
https://uk.lush.com/products/bath-bombs/golden-wonder



Instagram


No comments :

Post a Comment