Tuesday 6 September 2016

EcoTools Day to Night Set Brush Review

Hello and welcome back to my blog! This week I am going to be speaking to you about my EcoTools brush set that I bought from Boots.

The brush set, named the 'Six Piece Day to Night Set' contains what I would class as everyday make-up brushes. It includes: an angled face brush, a pointed concealer brush, a highlighting fan brush, an eye shadow brush and a detailed lip/liner brush. All brushes come in their own neat cosmetic case, which they advertise as being multi-functional and able to hold evening basics.





The bag itself has an elastic brush holder inside so that the brushes are nice and secure and will hopefully get less wear and tear from not rubbing against each other, ruining the bamboo wood handles. The base is covered in a really nice, soft cork which gives an extra quirk to it, making it feel very tropical, in conjunction with the tropical green gradient sides. The bag feels sturdy which would make it possible to be used for different purposes as described however it might be a little too small for today's 'essentials' e.g: my phone. 






All brushes are really soft and I love the added detail on the end of each brush which gives each brush their usage name. The three larger brushes are the softest brushes, which allows things like contour, highlight and eye shadow application to be nicer and easier. The other two brushes (liner and pointed concealer) are more rigid, which works for the liner brush, but I personally would prefer if the pointed concealer brush was a bit more flexible. I feel like if this change was made, the concealer brush would be better suited for its use as the structure of the brush makes it less practical for blending. 

The Brushes

The pointed concealer brush is a little odd. I often use a stick concealer, so this brush doesn't work well for its designed use. However, I sometimes use this for inner corner highlight or for general under-eye smoking/blending. 

Pointed Concealer Brush


The contour brush has a great angled top, making it perfect for creating a natural shadow at your cheek bone hollows. This is one of my favourite brushes in this set, as I like to use bronzer. I'm not a heavy contour-applier, so I generally use it all over my face which works well too.

Contour Brush


The thinnest brush is the liner brush. This is best for the lips in my opinion, although it can also be used to apply eye liner under the lower lash line. I often like to use the brush to line my lips or to use it just to make sure I have a neat line of lipstick. 


Lip Liner


Finally is the highlighter brush. I'd say this is great for the cheeks, but probably steer away from using it on the cupids bow and nose. It could be the highlighter I use but I find the brush often makes my product very dusty and so fall out occurs, making me look a little like a disco ball. However, this doesn't mean the brush isn't great! And quite honestly, I'm a beginner at make up.


Fanned Highlighter


Following on from my last point, I am a beginner in make-up. You could say this is my first proper set of brushes so I am finding what they're best used for and experimenting. However I would say my favourite brush is the eye shadow brush because I love a good smokey eye and so this brush is great for blending. It's also good for initially packing on the product. 


Eye shadow


Overall I think this is a set for beginners and the brushes themselves would also fit perfectly in someones bigger collection who uses make-up more often. I bought these from Boots and they cost £16.99, which was a very good price in comparison to other brushes available. They wipe clean really easily and don't shed. 

I hope this post has helped anyone decide on which make-up brushes to buy. If you don't wear make-up I hope you had a laugh at me sharing my opinions anyway. 

Thank you for reading my blog. If you haven't already, go back and check some of my other posts including a Stranger Things review. Please share, follow and comment below and let me know your best brush or make-up buys.

See you again soon


Instagram


No comments :

Post a Comment